Saturday, June 12, 2010

Two in a row! Two in a row!

Summer, you will not keep me down! Despite a disgusting level of humidity on Friday night and again this morning, I powered through two Level One workouts last night and this morning. I was absolutely DRIPPING by the end of Friday night's workout, and this morning watched as the torrential rainfall filled up the creek in the pasture outside my window as I panted through another workout. I actually tried full-on push-ups last night (no more of this girly stuff!) and managed to make it through seven or eight of them this morning. Before you scoff, YOU try to do full-on push-ups and tell me how many you can do. :) C'mon, post it in the comments - I want to know who's trying it!

Again, maybe it's wishful thinking, but I think my arms are getting more toned thanks to these workouts. They're still more than flabby, but I feel like there's more definition on my shoulders. Triceps are the bane of every woman's existence, and there are few things better for them than push-ups, so I may add some extra reps in after I finish the DVD. I heard Jillian Michaels say in another DVD that your arms are the one part of your body that is most often naked in front of other people - a prospect I find absolutely TERRIFYING.

Weigh in tomorrow - c'mon, KnitPicks.com sale! :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't do real push ups. It is one of my goals, and the focus of my lifting routine. If I'm going to do more than a few I get off of my knees and cheat by using a ball. I know I'll get to big girl push ups, and when I do I'm placing a *huge* knit picks order.

    ReplyDelete