Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Can't get derailed...

Forgive me, Mistress Jillian of the Sadistic Squats, but I skipped my workout yesterday. A gross summer cold hit me about 2 p.m. yesterday, causing my head to feel like it was three times its normal size and making me sneeze constantly from 2 p.m. on. That, coupled with a visit from family last night (including my 18-month-old niece Chloe, who I suspect gave me the cold; good thing she's super-cute and is learning to call me "Ih-bee", which saves her from my wrath! :) ), made me skip working out last night. So, it will have to be a 29 Day Shred for me. Think doubling up on a workout (once I'm able to walk normally, that is...) will count?

I can't let this derail me, just when I feel like I'm finally getting my groove on. I'm supposed to be meeting friends for dinner tonight (I've already scoped out the menu, and the vegetarian lasagne there looks AMAZING!) so I'm hoping I'll have time to work out once I get home. I should have done it this morning, but the stinkin' Mucinex D I took at 6 last night kept me awake most of the night. Should have known when I read the reviews on the Web that it would do that - I'm the girl who can't take NyQuil without getting all hepped up and bouncing off the walls. Oh well - onward, my friends! Onward!

1 comment:

  1. I hope that skipping dinner yesterday allowed you time to workout. I haven't been able to work out since Sunday due to the flu, but I'm ready to get back at it soon. Keep posting and inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete