Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Recovery

Just when I thought the sinus gunk was gone, it came back with a VENGEANCE Sunday night and wiped me out for most of Monday and Tuesday. If I'd had any sick time at all accumulated at the new job, I would have tried to sleep it off but instead tried to power through with a combo of Tylenol and Mucinex D. I think it may finally have worked (along with frequent uses of the NeilMed Sinus Rinse - wish I got a royalty every time I endorsed them!) and I think I'm doing much better.

Better enough that I crawled out of bed this morning (after hitting snooze multiple times!) and panted through a level 1 workout. Technically, today was 10 days after I started the 30 Day Shred and I should be moving up, but after three days off I didn't think that was a particularly smart idea. All I need now is to get turned off of the program by trying to do too much too fast! Instead, I contented myself with making it all the way through the first set of Big Girl Push-Ups (15 push-ups! I am a MACHINE!) and doing 7 or 8 on the second set before modifying them and dropping to my knees. And it's getting to be much later in the sets of squats and lifts that I feel like my arms are going to burst into flames, so I think it's working. Maybe another day or two on level 1 and I'll try to move up. Saturday, maybe - so I have plenty of time to recover before additional motion is necessary? :)

On another level, I came to something of an epiphany today as I was looking around the group of people in the Bible study I attend Wednesdays at lunch. All the women in there are women I love, and each one is absolutely beautiful in her unique ways. And all of them are about the same height, the same weight, approximately the same body type. I'd classify each of them in their physical attributes as "average". And I, in comparison to these wonderful ladies, am simply "above average". And I think that's kinda cool. :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed with your pushups! You've inspired me - you can now find me at http://poundsforyarn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete