Monday, June 14, 2010

Disheartening...

Well, the first great weigh in didn't go as well as I'd hoped. With hopes bouyed by all the stories I'd read on the Interwebs about people who lost 5 pounds the first week on the Shred, I had unreasonably high expectations. So when the scale showed only a 1.5 pound loss, I was bummed. I shouldn't have been, because hey - it's 1.5 pounds! - but I was. I forgot for a moment how my body works - I retain more water than the Hoover Dam with little to no provocation, and have muscles like an Austrian bodybuilder in my legs that puff up anytime I do any sort of lower body exercise (like Jillian's squats of doom). So, while the scale didn't show as much movement as I'd hoped, I still do think progress is being made. After all, during my Farrell's adventure, I only lost about 3 pounds but TONS of inches. But still, when you weigh as much as a Nebraska Cornhuskers lineman, the numbers on the scale still affect you. :(

I took Sunday off, since I had to leave for church at 7:15 yesterday morning and spent the whole morning there on the praise team. While I love being part of that group, it does eat up the whole morning! No workout Sunday, and LOTS of food that I shouldn't have eaten, so I felt pretty gross throughout the day. You'd think I'd learn that when I eat garbage I feel like garbage - perhaps someday that parallel will sink in. No workout this morning either, since the thunderstorms we've had roll through Des Moines nearly EVERY night for the past week woke me up at 4:30 this morning and I overslept after finally falling back to sleep. So I can hit the workout tonight, but need to get it done in the morning the rest of the week. My oh-so-packed social life :) has me out after work every other night this week.

I'm slated to move up to level 2 on Wednesday, which frightens me. All the reviews I've read say level 2 is much worse than level 1. Then again, those reviews said I could lose 5 pounds in the first week too - so I better take them with a grain of salt. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment