Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Update

I totally forgot that I owed the Internet an update on my Monday weigh-in. The fact that the Internet hasn't risen up in open rebellion shows me just how important my updates really are, but hey - I'm writing this for me, not for you, Internet. So take that.

I was down a big ol' 1.3 pounds this week, which means I'm thisclose (1 pound) to being back where I was in early October. We'll see what the crazy 2.3 pound gain was all about - the doctor has me on new medication that is known to cause weight gain, and I've been on it for about eight weeks. The weight gain usually happens over three months, so I'm hoping this is it. HOPING.

So, seven weeks back on Weight Watchers, eight pounds - not bad. Not as fast as I want, of course, but since when did I ever get anything in life as fast as I want? I remember being disappointed that I didn't transform into a supermodel during 10 weeks at Farrell's, and having to tell myself, "Self, you didn't get this fat in 10 weeks, so it's not coming off in 10 weeks either, right? RIGHT?" (I tend to yell at myself a lot in my inner monologue. I'm kinda dramatic. Just in case you hadn't picked up on that.)

In fitness news, I've ordered my own freestanding punching bag which is currently being shipped to me. For the price of two month's at Farrell's, I'll be able to enjoy the stress-relieving benefits of pounding the crap out of something anytime I want. Plus, I won't have to listen to Motley Crue at 6 a.m. ever again. There is no downside here.

3 comments:

  1. Will there be Russ Campbell portrait affixed to said punching bag?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear about your punching bag workouts. You just might inspire me to get one of my own.

    I should have harassed you about posting. The next time you post late you will recieve several messages from me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. James, that is brilliant. I may even put a cape around the punching bag to heighten the effect.

    ReplyDelete