Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Aloha, Interwebs...

Hey, friends. It's been a while since I posted, but that's because I've been so busy doing so AWESOME on Weight Watchers. :) Weigh-in yesterday morning showed a 1.5 pound loss, which was less than I was hoping for, but is still a loss nonetheless. I'll take it!

I've been finding all kinds of fantastic recipes on weightwatchers.com, including this one that I made last week (and just finished the leftovers for lunch today). Who would have thought that putting allspice and red pepper flakes on pork chops would make them so fantastic? And a pineapple salsa with apricots and cilantro - yum. That same night, I whipped up a pineapple angel food cake (super-tasty, and super-low-calorie) and felt the "aloha" all over the place. :) I even convinced Mom and Dad to try a turkey and mango creation, and they loved it. Dad was so funny, saying after he finished dinner, "Hey - let's remember this one. I'd like to see it again in a couple weeks..." I love it when Dad makes dinner entrees sound like blind date. :)

I'm still struggling with fitting in exercise. I've joined a workout challenge at the office, where we need to log at least four hours of activity every week. Doesn't matter what kind of activity, just as long as we get moving for four hours a week - and there are extra vacation days in the bargain if I can do it from now until Thanksgiving! There's a motivator!

2 comments:

  1. Four hours a week, eh? I'm pretty sure you could knock that out if you switch to bike commuting. Plus you can kill the morning commute and exercise birds with one figurative stone. It's a win-win-win, booya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you can get four hours in. If you speed knit does it count as cardio?

    ReplyDelete