Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Ten weeks from today...

Ten weeks from today (well, ten weeks from about seven hours ago...) I'll be getting off the plane at Heathrow, ready to embark on my very first solo vacation. I'll be spending a whole week in London on my own - a prospect that is both thrilling and terrifying. :) And in order to be in the best shape I possibly can (and to be adequately prepared to fight off all those Jude Law lookalikes) it's time to kick the old workout plan into high gear.

Nearly a year ago (eek!) I went through the Farrell's eXtreme Body Shaping ten week program and had fantastic results. Then, true to form, I figured the results would just keep happening even when I stopped exercising as regularly and ate whatever I wanted. Because that's just exactly what an intelligent woman should expect to have happen, right? And why again has it taken me 32 years to figure out that this philosophy doesn't work?

So, beginning tomorrow, I begin again. Given that the ten week program did fantastic things last summer, I want to take these next ten weeks and put the pedal to the metal before my London trip. And I'd like to have all my cyber-buddies along with me. Mainly, because I need to be shamed in front of you when I fail to live up to my own goals. :) Enough of this, "I'll start tomorrow..." nonsense - I really DO start tomorrow, and I'd like to have you all there with me.

I'll be back here each evening, in this little corner of the Interwebs, to report to you all my exercise and nutrition efforts for the day - as well as any other random thoughts that I feel inclined to share. If you'd like to share your random thoughts as well, I would be pleased and proud to read them.

Ain't this gonna be great? :)

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps a jogging, coffee, knit date is in order. Good luck! You are incredibly brave to post openly about this.

    ReplyDelete